For all job inquiries and applications, please email Jess at email@example.com with a resume and cover letter indicating why you would like to work with us, what inspires you to teach children, and why you believe children’s yoga and mindfulness is valuable.
We are always looking for yoga teachers, typically kids yoga teachers but we also have opportunities to teach gentle yoga for teachers and parents. So if you have your 200hr training and some kids yoga training and/or experience teaching kiddos, send Jess an email firstname.lastname@example.org telling her about you! She’ll reach back out to schedule a short interview and possibly invite you to demo or send a video of your teaching.
Program Manager Position
Job Starts August 19, 2019
Reports To – The manager reports to the director and works closely with the director on all programs.
Location – Preferably in the DC Metro Area but willing to hire a great candidate who is out of the area to work remotely.
Job Overview – This position is best suited for a highly motivated yogi who is interested in helping a small organization grow while also expanding their abilities and role in the organization. This position currently requires 10-15 hours of work per week at a pay rate of $15/hour working closely with the director and maintaining regular communication with the contracted yoga teachers. A candidate who is successful in this position will excel in executing organizational growth through providing thoughtful and efficacious input, building new partnerships, and launching programming and educational materials in the field of children’s yoga.
Responsibilities and Duties – Including but not limited to the following…
- Manage rosters and school communication and outreach. Including but not limited to:
- Communication with multiple schools’ administrative teams in order to coordinate yoga class logistics, schedule, and organization of materials
- Create rosters of students participating in yoga, tracking payments and collection of registration information; distribute the appropriate rosters to parents, school administrators, and yoga teachers
- Prior experience with and/or the ability to learn how to use programs like MailChimp, TSheets, and WordPress.
- Maintain and initiate communication with parents such as emails, sharing photos, and any phone calls that are necessary
- Manage an intern or contractor dedicated to social media and other media
- create and write weekly blog entries on relevant topics
- construct and send weekly email newsletters to email group
- post on social media (Instagram and Facebook Page) 3-5 times per week
- engage with other social media accounts
- Track and maintain inventory of yoga materials at schools
- Assist the director in partnering with local stores and fitness/health facilities to sell merchandise inventory; including but not limited to, tracking inventory of sale merchandise at stores and maintain regular communication with stores and partners
- Aid director in:
- forging new connections and creating new partnerships with schools
- grant writing, fundraising, and other funding opportunities.
- curriculum development
- production and sales of online educational videos for educators, yoga teachers, parents, and children.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously. Is comfortable making new connections, doing “cold calls”, and is able to problem-solve with ease. Is willing to make mistakes and learn from them.
- Passionate about yoga and wellness. Has an active yoga practice that includes meditation and self-reflection. Preferably has completed a yoga teacher training program.
- Experience in working with children, preferably experience in teaching yoga to children.
- 1+ year of experience program management, preferably non-profit program management
- Does not have another full-time job.
- Is willing to help the organization not just function where it is but foster organizational grow.
This is a great opportunity for a person who is looking to help a small non-profit expand quickly; this has the potential to become a 30hr/week at an increased hourly rate for a motivated and passionate contractor.